Smart homes or home automation are famous for remotely connecting homeowners to their homes. This blog post will discuss eight advantages of one rising innovative feature: automated window shades and blinds. Also known as smart window shades and blinds, it is an easy and convenient way to control your home and save energy.
- Keeps Your Family Safe
- One of the most significant benefits of smart window shades and blinds is that they keep your house and family safe in many ways.
- a. It can protect your home from burglary. If you are going on a vacation or nobody’s home during office hours, burglars often try to access your home while you are away. However, when you have smart window shades and blinds, you can control them wherever you are. With this feature, you can open your smart window shades and blinds during the day and close them at night. It gives the impression that someone is home.
- b. Another benefit of smart window shades and blinds is that they can keep your children safe. Blind cords are unsafe when you have children around. Children can become entangled in cords, which may put them at risk for strangling and other injuries that the cords may cause.
- Fortunately, smart window shades and blinds don’t have cables, which can prevent accidents from happening to your children. Motorized window blinds are cordless, making them the safest option for your children. Choosing a cordless system like smart window shades and blinds is the safest way to protect your beloved family members.
- Protects Your Privacy
- You can set a time when your blinds need to shut at night to prevent people from seeing into your home. You can close your blinds when you or your children get home from work or school. Smart window shades and blinds can help you if you are a person who values privacy.
- Another advantage of these smart window shades and blinds is that they keep your home private. Smart window shades and blinds are a great way to protect your privacy, especially when you live in an apartment complex, suburbs, or with neighbors who can see your home.
- Provides Convenience
- One of the most significant benefits of smart window shades and blinds is convenience. Mainly, when you live in a home with many windows and shades, it can take a long time to open and close your blinds daily.
- With automated window shades and blinds, you can automatically have each set of shades in your home open and close whenever you desire. They are also more convenient because many options allow you to automate when you want your blinds opened and closed.
- With this feature, you can automatically open in the mornings and close when it gets dark. You can even control them by pushing a button on your smartphone or using your smart assistant. These are great alternatives if you want a convenient way to keep your home running.
- Conserves Energy
- Smart window shades and blinds are best known for being energy efficient. It makes controlling the amount of light that enters your home more accessible. This feature is essential because natural light warms your house significantly. You can also schedule them to close during the hottest parts of the day and open when it’s cooler.
- Works Well With Other Smart Home Features
- If you have other smart home features, adding smart window shades and blinds is an easy way to integrate these features. For example, if you have a smart thermostat, incorporating your smart window shades and blinds into your smart system can help determine when to open or close your blinds. This integration feature can help conserve the temperature of your home.
- Protects Your Furniture
- You can also secure your furniture inside your home when you have smart window shades and blinds. If you have frequent direct sun exposure on your couch, table, and other decor, it can cause many problems. It can fade and discolor your furniture and may cause it to wear out more quickly.
- With smart window shades and blinds, you can automatically close when sun exposure is at its peak to prevent the items inside your home from sun damage and fading.
- Improves Sleep Quality
- Automated window shades and blinds can significantly help when you struggle with getting good sleep. They can block light from sunlight, street, or city lights, allowing you to sleep in a darker room rather than buying blackout curtains.
- Smart window shades and blinds can help you fall asleep and wake up naturally. If you set them to open in the early morning, you can wake up slowly as the sun rises and shines into your room. This smart feature can help you sleep better and more peacefully.
- Increases Property Value
- Finally, upgrading to smart home solutions, smart window shades and blinds can add property value to your home if you decide to sell it. While each smart home feature can add different value, these smart shades will surely be a good selling point for potential buyers.
- Today, the benefits of automated window shades and blinds are incredibly desirable and highly demanded by prospective home buyers for ease of use. It can be synchronized with smart home devices, and its green features boost energy efficiency. Quickly get a return on your investment when you upgrade to smart window shades and blinds before putting your house on the real estate market.
Choose Smart Window Shades and Blinds
As you can see, upgrading smart window shades and blinds throughout your home has many benefits. They offer added protection, significant energy savings, and convenience. They are safer for children than regular blinds. It protects your furniture from direct exposure to sunlight. You can integrate this smart feature seamlessly with your other home automation system.
Smart window blinds help you quickly mitigate heat loss, control light, and improve functionality. It is cost-saving, secure, and convenient. When you can lessen your electricity consumption below the average home power usage, you can save money and help the environment. Ultimately, it is one of the smart home device upgrades that increase property value.